Own a TW-Acustic Raven One?

Do you own a TW-Acustic Raven One? What are your impressions so far? What did it replace? How does it compare to the VPI tables; the Aries 3, SuperScoutMaster?
stickman451
I agree; I am going to the RMAF in October. Maybe Jeffrey will have a VPI on-hand for direct comparision.

I have had both a Scout and an Aries 3; my current feeling is that they are both very good tables, but I think the Aries is a little too 'analytical' for my taste overall. That doesn't make it a bad table!

Bottom line is that Jeffrey at HighWater Sound has told me that he would give me a loaner and if I didn't like it, I could get a complete refund! Now that is real customer service!
Naturally owners will favor their purchases...they not only voted with words, but with their checkbooks.
Just to interest those who like to continue the education route,and simply from a "very good read" standpoint....

I'd suggest you(whomever)take a look at the white paper that is on the "Grand Prix Monaco" web pages.

This is just hobbyspeak to me,and I'm not trying to push the table,but "boy" do these guys make a great case for the way they designed that product.Not only the direct drive capability,but almost all of the important factors in "supposedly" getting accurate LP play.

I loved it......maybe the fact that I read it while on jury duty(and bored stiff,just sitting around)had something to do with it's appeal -:)

It really is a fabulous white paper,if one considers themselves to be open to learning as much as they can,on the analog subjest,and it just might cause some to be a bit more enlightened with regards to what actually matters...and what does not seem too plausible!

Good luck
Yes, Sirspeedy, but keep it "interesting" and not truth. There are those (not necessarily in your read) that easily can provide very logical explanations for untruths. Sometimes things are not what they seem. For instance...did you know that when landing an airplane short of the runway, the pilot pushes the nose DOWN for a safe landing.
I have Raven One as it's great table.Build is excellent although i still feel SME finish rather than build is somewhat better