Own a TW-Acustic Raven One?

Do you own a TW-Acustic Raven One? What are your impressions so far? What did it replace? How does it compare to the VPI tables; the Aries 3, SuperScoutMaster?
stickman451
Yes, Sirspeedy, but keep it "interesting" and not truth. There are those (not necessarily in your read) that easily can provide very logical explanations for untruths. Sometimes things are not what they seem. For instance...did you know that when landing an airplane short of the runway, the pilot pushes the nose DOWN for a safe landing.
I have Raven One as it's great table.Build is excellent although i still feel SME finish rather than build is somewhat better
Robn,

what did your Raven replace? What arm/cartridge are you using? Over-all, how would you describe the 'sound' you get with your Raven? Also, what is the rest of your rig like?

thanks!
I have just replaced my Jelco arm with the Ortofon 309D, 12 inch arm, on my Raven one. As you may know, it is the arm Thomas the designer uses and recommends on the Raven One. It really is very good indeed. The sound was a little soft, lacking definition, crispness. With the ortofon, the sound is immediately more sharp, defined and dynamic. In fact it is dynamics and imaging which is most obvious. The Jelco was not good at imaging. Listening to Verdi's Otello yesterday, with the Ortofon, you could clearly hear one singer was slightly to the Left and a few feet behind the other. In fact it represents the best defined imaging I have heard in my system.
The ortofon seems a good choice, if you are not going for a cost no object arm. I have'nt heard them all, but I have heard the Arro, SME 5 and Phantom, the latter on the Raven AC. Thomas again, said he feels the Ortofon is a few percentage points down on the Phantom and other top arms, at a lot less than half the price, at least in the UK. I am not sure of US pricing
If I go with a Raven at some point, I will most likely use my DV 507MKII arm... have you audtioned that arm? However, it may be a bit too 'neutral' overall. I have heard that the Phantom is a little more lively as compared to the 507?

thanks