Steam cleaning records 2

Continuation of large thread.
thommas
FYI : On Sunday, a "Professional" steam cleaner "exploded"(complete failure)in my Kitchen. No damage done to humans or the surroundings. For reasons currently unkmown, the unit exploded shortly after I left the room to answer a line-line phone call. This is a reminder, sometimes, steam cleaning units can fail.The explosion was contained in-itself & not a danger , just a lot of water on the foor. I shall to take the steamer to a repair house for details. Be assured it scared the S--- out of me.
FYI : A local repair shop has expressed interest in attempting a repair. The unit has tamper-proof screws so the job is better left to someone that can work on a steamer. I am curious to learn what exactly failed and what that part was made of, plastic or metal.
FYI: I know that most viewers and posters do not use the larger home steamers for record steaming. Nevertheless, this is my very first complete equipment failure since I started steaming , in my home or otherwise. I hope the cash outlay to learn the whys of this problem may translate to assist the few of you that do in-fact use the larger models to steam clean records as a few postings suggested. That is an open question & not easily answered. I can say the steam unit did not have many hours of useage.
Crem'
I'm using the VPI 16.5 with my Perfection steamer(no lead poisoning yet that I can tell) Have you heard of the new Walker Vortex wand for the 16.5? It's available at Elusive Disc and comes with two rubber O-rings around the center spindle to "suspend" the disc off the platter. This appears to be more likely to lead to warping of the disc if steam is applied while it's suspended in the middle and not the sides. Any thoughts?
Sonofjim : I did view the Walker Wand . The "O" rings do concern me .

Some unanswered questions come to mind: What if a record already has a slight warp ? Will the wand scrape against the raised surfaces ? Do the "O" rings cause the LP to be unstable when revolving ? Will steaming w/ the "O" rings cause the LP to heat-up to the extent that warping is possible? The old addage "buyer-be-awaire" seems to apply at least to the "O" rings. As for this tweak , please advise me of your success or challenges , should you purchase.

Perhaps, an email to Mr. Walker might resolve the matter. Perhaps he has already thought this thru as far as steaming is concerned. I know he is awaire of steam cleaning because I personally informed him in a phone call several years ago.

As for the lead business , I prefer to follow the recommendations put out by Researchers @ Johns Hopkins regarding lead exposure, keeping that as matter of choice rather than discussion. See an old dog can learn new tricks. All the best.