Steam cleaning records 2

Continuation of large thread.
thommas
When blasting a layer of steam vapour, how wet should you make the LP? I just bought a steamer and put an LP on my lazy susan style platter and used it to spin the LP as I spray the vapour but I m not sure how wet should I make it and how long should I leave the water on the surface before wiping with a micrio fibre cloth.

Thanks in advance
Well I have been playing around with my steamer setup and a finding a general level of it working. Albums I have cleaned are sounding a little quieter, most are used and steam cleaning does not repair groove damage but dirt and dust can be alleviated.

The technique I have adopted for now goes like this.

1: On a terry cloth bath towel I lay the album down. I take a dessert dish and cover the centre label.

2: I take my home made cleaning fluid, about 80% distilled water, 20% of 99% pure alcohol and a drop of Ivory snow in a spray bottle. I wet the album and have a dedicated 2.5 inch wide paint brush to push and lightly scrub in the direction of the grooves the liquid.

3: I take a dedicated micro fibre cloth to wipe the solution up.

4: I take my steamer and in smooth circular motions at about 4 inches above the album spray a blast of vapour evenly as I can to cover the album.

5: I let is sit for about 10 seconds then with another micro fibre cloth wipe in in circular motions until the album is dry. I then repeat the process for a second time. I dry the album side as best I can then flip it over and do it all again on side B.

6: I let the album sit on its edge so that both sides can air dry a bit more for about 15 minutes before I put it back into its sleeve and jacket.

7: Prior to playback I run my carbon fibre brush grounding it wit my body to help give the LP a quick wipe and a bit of a cut in static. I ned to get me a ZEROSTAT.

My first few LP's have come out quieter for the most part. I can do about 10-12 LP's in a 1/2 hour or so.
I tried a home use garment steamer to clean my records.
I set up a record in vertical position and spayed the steam evenly at 4~6 inch distance for about 10 seconds (circling 4 times). And then wiped off the moisture with a micro fiber cloth.
I tried about 10 records that I don't care much (but in still in VG condition). I used filtered water (not distilled water). After steam cleaning, all records played with lesser noise, but some thin records got warped a little bit.
I guess I need to be more cautious about applying steam on very thin records.
Walgreens "Perfection" RIP?

It's no longer available, I could not find one in NYC in September, I'm going to have some time to play over Christmas so I thought I'd pick one up, are there any other suggestions? K-Mart maybe?

Gregg