Steam cleaning records 2

Continuation of large thread.
thommas
I'm new to audiogon and have relatively recently started steam cleaning LPs that look like they should play better then they do after using my Nitty Grittty.
I have noticed that after steaming when I play the record the needle seems to gradually pick up a tiny fur ball of a light white appearing material-which comes off easily but as it gathers it affects-poorly-distortion-of the sound. After removing the fur ball and playing over the area again I can usually get to enjoy the record as it is as clean as it will be.
What is this fur ball?
Weirdly if I steam the record again another fur ball will form-usually a somewhat smaller one. I've done this 4 times on one LP and gotten 4 fur balls.
And this happens on multiple records usually relatively clean ones.
Any ideas?
the other possibility is using tap water in your steamer. It can through salts on the record. Been there done that. The best water is ro or double distilled. Less solids and less contamination
This is something i started doing recently and it has helped with LPs that have a lot of grunge and dust on it. Before you do anything pass the steamer across the LP and vacuum up before you put a brush to the record. This will get a majority of the dirt and funk off the record surface before it gets scrubbed into the grooves. This has almost eliminated the fuzz ball phenomenon on most records and also helps for a even quieter playing record..
Some of the points raised about level of heat involved got me thinking. I'm not so sure the idea of getting deep into the grooves makes sense giving that uses fine nylon brushes and lots of fluid should get in there pretty well.

I think the heat is killing bacteria and removing mold that otherwise remains when using cool/cold fluids. But who knows...

I keep thinking about a bit I heard on the news or science class about hot water on you face and skin and how it takes very little heat to open up human pores; the point was that you don't need scalding hot water, in conjunction with soap, to get clean. but I think it helps that we have "hot" vapor involved here of course.

I'm thinking about a simple pre-cleaning with steam and was looking the mini Joy Mangano units for about $5-10