Anyone hear technics tt and vpi scoutmaster/Aries?

Anyone hear later version technics tt as well as vpi scoutmaster or Aries and maybe Nottingham spacedeck with latest ace space arm.

I have technics tt latest version with Benz ace cartridge and use for rock or soul or blues only and like it's bass slam. I prefer jazz on cd. I have dartzeel preamp and amp and wonder if vpi or spacedeck is worth the minimum 3k cost

Advantage of latest vpi scoutmaster versus spacedeck
radioheadokplayer
a turntable investment of 3k is not unreasonable if you have a a serious record collection. the aries and the better nottinghams are superb,but for 3k, a thorens 160hd with a rega arm may be another worthy alternative. If your house isn't filled with vinyl though(or there are no plans to go on a vinyl binge for a few years), no real reason to leave the technics.
What Technics do u have if you have the 1210 might be worth going for the KAB mods its a lot cheaper way to get the sound you want The Aeris is a good turntable only heard a Spacedeck once so no opimion I suggest really think about what you doing certainly the most cost effective way will be to go for the Kab mods
Dear Radiohead..: I think that what Jaybo posted on how many LPs you own and what are your analog plan on the future is an important subject to take the right " roads ".

If you don't plan to gworing up then maybe your SL5 its ok.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
I've always felt that jazz is the Technics' strong suit. I like it for pretty much anything, but jazz so often relies on really accurate speed to sound "right." I like my Technics for the way it resolves cymbals, provides bass clarity, great sense of tempo and propulsion, and the way jazz horns--sax, trumpet, trombone--simply sound "right." Not to mention its rock-steady depiction of fixed pitch instruments such as piano and vibaphone.

Maybe you need to work with your 'table a little more to get what you need out of it.

How do you have your Technics platformed? What kind of feet are you using and what are they sitting on? What are you using for a mat?

My total tweaking and platforming cost me $86 plus a $40 headshell, but it's like night and day.

If you are using the stock Technics feet, you haven't begun to hear what this turntable can do.
I find that jazz is well covered with sacd and well mastered CDs whereas many rock titles are poorly mastered on cd