Store LPs outside of Jacket??

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this: I've been purchasing a number of used LPs and most of them come shipped with the actual LP (in sleeve) outside of the record cover.

Is there a good reason for storing LPs this way - or actually shipping LPs this way?

Thanks...
madfloyd
Viridian...you are so right. I quite buying records from ebay because of the gross mis-grading going on.
Have you found anywhere else to purchase LPs that is better? Lately I've only been trying to limit myself to sealed copies for the same reason.
I pay no more than $.99 for a mint LP from ebay, anymore and its your own punishment.
$.99....??? My experience was that one needed to pay somewhere between $30 and $100 for a mint used LP. I've certainly had some disappointments (which is why I now look for sealed copies only) but it was more hit than miss. I think I mostly bought from collectors who took care of their collection.
eBay sucks for LPs. Lucky me I live in a bigger town with several places to buy used LPs.
My eBay experience ranged from decent to very bad. All in all it was not a cost effective way to add to my collection.
Locally I have found a few very good things at 'steal' prices. And lots of stuff at decent (way better than any online) prices.