How do you level your turntable?

Short of buying a 400 dollar digital level, what have you found that really does the trick. I've tried various cheap bubble levels with fair to poor results.
rloggie
I used several long levels (two 4' and one 2') to check the accuracy of three 12" ones. (One of those was actually out a little.) The accurate ones are used to level the platter. Once that is done, I permanently mount a pair of custom made glass vials into the plinths of my turntables, so the user can keep an eye on it all along. To me, levelness is a big deal.
Great input really got me thinking. I had forgotten that the spindle of my turntable is removable. With it out I was able to put the bullseye bubble level directly in the center of the platter. That gave me a reasonably good reading. Guess I'm headed to Sears now.
I use a cheap, 1" long bubble level (not a round one, which would be pretty useless).

To compensate for the inaccuracies of a bubble level, if any, all you have to do is spin it 180 degrees and re-check on the same axis. If the results differ, halve the difference and you're level. Nothing could be simpler.
I picking up a pair of cables at a fellow A'goner's house a couple of weeks ago and he showed me an interesting experiment relating to bubble levels. He showed me 4 bubble levels on the same surface, each of which had a different reading. He explained that these are all hand calibrated using some sort of photographic device, which explains for the discrepancies between the bubble levels. He said he uses a digital level for his turntable, which is the best way to achieve a perfectly leveled table. FWIW, he's an architect and an engineering professor at a major university.

Me, I use a bubble level because I'm feeling cheap.