dynavector 20x or grado sonata

is the dynavector 20x better sounding 2.8mv is that abig drop in vol. from the grado 4.8mv
majic
I own a Sonata and have heard the Dynavector 20XH (2.8mV) several times. The Dynavector is much better.
how is the out put are the 20hx shielded i to have a grado sonata not sure if i will like the dynavector 20hx have you herd the 10x5 thanks
The output is 2.8 mV, but that has little-to-nothing to do with sound quality. If anything, lower output carts (moving coil) have less mass to move which allows them to track the better and bring out more detail. The question is whether your phono stage has enough gain to work with this cart. What are you using for a phono preamp?

The 20XH is smoother than the Sonata and I think it sounds better. Give it a try.
The Grado Sonata is a musical cartridge, however, when comparing it to the Dyna it sounds grainy, fuzzy, and brown in color. Unless you AB them, they will both suffice. Make sure that your preamp can handle the lower output of the Dyna or the misconnection will swamp any benefit.
thanks guys i have a mcintosh c41 pre amp not sure if it will have the gain to run a high output coil i now have acoustic feed back at the 1 oclock with the grado so i dont no what to do any more