I need an economical but good phono preamp?

I have a Thorens 145 TT with Nagaoka MP11 cartridge, HarmonKardon DPR 2005 HT Receiver and JPW loudspeakers. I had a cheap phono preamp from Radio Shack but there is a very loud (annoying) hum. I ran my ipod through the preamp and still had the hum so I don't think it is the turntable.
Can anyone advise on an affordable (<$200), yet respectable phono preamp?
kmaclac
You may be able to find a Musical Fidelity X-LPS for around $200. One just sold for that price here on Agon. Outstanding sound and plenty of gain.
I recently picked up a Musical Fidelity X-LPS and am very impressed. I paid <$200, and have seen several sell for under that value. I've tried other <$200 phono and none compare.
Even though I suggested the Cambridge, I would second an X-LP if you are buying used. Having owned both, I think that one, or the other, will have more appeal, however. The X-LP is richer, more liquid, softer and nicely dimensional. The 640P is a bit sharper, with better defined leading edges and attack, a bit thiner, yet a bit more focused. Funny enough, the biggest problem with either one seems to be a less than developed deep bass. I suppose that you have to pay a bit more for that. I liked the Gram Slee Gram Amp 2SE as well, if you don't care about MC.
I'm suggesting to hunt some studio vintage preamp on ebay:
QRK Ultimate, better Shure se22 (Urei 1122) or event better Shure se20.