I need an economical but good phono preamp?

I have a Thorens 145 TT with Nagaoka MP11 cartridge, HarmonKardon DPR 2005 HT Receiver and JPW loudspeakers. I had a cheap phono preamp from Radio Shack but there is a very loud (annoying) hum. I ran my ipod through the preamp and still had the hum so I don't think it is the turntable.
Can anyone advise on an affordable (<$200), yet respectable phono preamp?
kmaclac
You can always pick up an Advent Model 300 Receiver. The phono section is nothing short of outstanding and you have a full preamp section as a backup. It's a saving grace for me right now since my PV-7 is at conrad johnson having the PS rebuilt.
I use a Cambridge Audio 640P with a Grado Sonata cart. It sounds really good to me. It's dead quiet and doesn't appear to color the sound. I may change my mind when I get more resolving speakers but it suits me for now.
11-21-08: Jim_liedeka
I use a Cambridge Audio 640P with a Grado Sonata cart. It sounds really good to me. It's dead quiet and doesn't appear to color the sound. I may change my mind when I get more resolving speakers but it suits me for now.
Getting a Cambridge 640P prompted me to get a more resolving cartridge AND speakers, and every upgrade has simply shown me how clean, quiet, and musical this phono unit is.

I went from a 2004 closeout Mirage Omnisat sat/sub system to a brand new pair of Mirage OMD-15 full range floorstanders. I also upgraded the amplification chain. The Cambridge did not disappoint as the resolution of its surrounding components improved.