Ortofon Per Windfeld Load Impedance?

I'm curious to hear what load impedance other PW owners are using for this cartridge. My manual recommends > 10 kOhms which I suspect is a print error. I notice that the dealer sites are recommending >10 Ohms.
taylor514
IMHO, the Winfield is a hot rod Jubilee. The diminishing return thing applies here, very well. Jubilee kills at the price point. The Windfield is better, sure, but at 3500, there are now more players. The choice gets a little tougher.
Zieman,
I don't want to embarrass you further but the impedance of any phono cable is negligible. I'm sure you don't know this based on your posts.

Most phono cables have impedances of well under 2 ohms; some are as low as 0.15 ohms (Zu Xaus).

The only time the phono cable impedance comes into play is when it's value exceeds the internal impedance of the cartridge. Which is seldom and never.

The bottom line is to ignore phono cable impedance.

Check this out with any cartridge, phono stage, or cable designer. I hope you learn something from this.

Now the question is, how do you fit both hands in your mouth where both feet seem to reside frequently.
Audiofeil, In fairness, Zieman may have been thinking of cable capacitance, which does play a role in loading the cartridge but which is less of an issue with MC cartridges, as opposed to MMs. "Impedance" comes from both resistance and reactance, the latter due to capacitance or inductance, which I am sure you know. So the pure DC resistance of a phono cable does not tell the whole story.

On another note, where are Ortofon cartridges manufactured? I'm used to thinking of them as English, but I may be wrong. Maybe Japan?
Fail, the whole world is at 100 or less. You, all alone at double that. Same story different product... By the time you assemble a system, every parameter an order of magnitude in the wrong direction, explains, perhaps, why you also drive a 40 year old car... Get your ears cleaned and tested, send me the bill if you don't have coverage. We would welcome you to the same (front) page club.
I routinely change loading with different phono cables. The differences are not subtle. Perhaps Fail can clear this up, I was pretty sure the cartridge is the only thing driving the cable?