The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Hi,

I've heard many, but since I've heard Ohm F's, no other speaker I know comes close (I'm not exagerating here).

Take care
When a local store blew a tweeter on their Wilson Watt/Puppies, they hooked up their Hales Transcendence 8's to their flagship system. Part of it has to do with the million dollar system and the good room acoustics - otherwise the Dunlavy SC-Vs would probably win instead of being runner up - but the Hales, at that point, were the ones to beat for their precision and naturalness.
Current top speaker that everyone should look into and consider are the Tom Evans Model One speakers! Like all Tom Evans products it exceeds it's price point and provides unmatched performance! Tom does things differently then other manufacturers and focuses on impedience levels like no one else seems to do. It makes a huge difference and these speakers in my opinion are clearly superior to the following speakers which I recently owned and bought becasue these were better then most other speakers out there: Avalon Opus Ceramique & Hansen Audio Knights. Both are quite a bit more retail then the Evans Model One but this Model One with no crossover and full range is jhust spectacular!!! So is the Linear A tube amp and the Groove Plus SRX phono amp I own.