Would you buy a Rega P1 or Goldring GR-2

I have a Prima Luna Dialogue Two (38 watt tube amp) with Dynaudio 220's. I am buying my first turntable and listen to mostly rock, followed by classical, blues, then jazz. I found similar pricing on Rega P1 w/ ortofon cartridge and the Goldring GR-2 w/ goldring 1012gx cartridge. What sound better. Cant listen to either due to geography.
galloman
I believe that the Goldring GR2 is designed and built by Rega. So flip a coin as far as the table goes. I would choose the Goldring table for the cartridge however.
NAD is a rega P2 also but with smoked top. I prefer a smoked top myself. All rega's I see advertised have a clear top. I have the NAD 535? The 555 is the newer model. I would look into a tt with rca outs for a little more myself, which I will do some day.
The Ortofon cart that comes with the P1 is just a "get you through the door and don't damage the records" type of cartridge. The Goldring 1012 GX is a seriously good cartridge that sells most places for around $300. Even at KAB USA it's $225. To me it's a no-brainer in favor of the Goldring. The cartridge alone is worth $200-250 more than the one in the P1.