Sony TTS 8000 w Sony PUA 1600L

Does anyone have experience with this table? Arm? Would it be in the same league as the Technics Sp10 Mk II? I know its fairly rare, but is it desireable?
Thanks for your responses.
rloggie
I have the Sony TTS-8000 (which I bought to experiment with) in condition which resembles NOS (not a scratch or fingerprint anywhere) but have not yet put it in a plinth. I do not have the 1600 arm. I had planned on putting it in a better plinth than the original, and had planned on using either a MA505Mk2/3 or a SAEC arm.

I also own, but have not yet plinthed, a Technics SP-10 Mk2. If I had to compare the two, I would say the Sony has a more mid 70s aesthetic, while the Technics more of a late 70s thing going (though strictly speaking it should be the other way around probably). That's about as good a comparison as I can make (I know - not what you were looking for:^).

I will be interested to see if anyone else comes up with a comment. Have you found a TTS-8000? I would not have figured there were many of them left out there (though some went to the UK originally).

FWIW, I don't have specs for torque, either in the instructions or service manual, and so I expect it will be lower than for the SP-10Mk2 (though the PS-X9 was slightly higher if I recall). Do you have the torque spec by any chance?
I have my eye on two. One with the "sample" plinth with lifing arms and two armboards. The other on the
T1000 plinth. Both have the 1600L installed. I don't know the torque spec but understand they will take a heavy clamp. I'll look around for that spec and let you know if I find it. I would guess these would love a new plinth. Do you have someone in mind to make one or are you making your own?
Interesting, I had not seen one outside Japan for a while...

Not sure now about the plinths. Was going to make my own, only because I did not find one with plinth, but if I could get the TB-2000, I would probably take it. It is a pretty bulky/heavy plinth on its own. I don't know if the one with the arms is as good - though if they were the same price, I would go for the one with two arm slots. FWIW, I have never seen replacement armboard slots (though they must exist somewhere).