Horrible Squee-gy Noise from Stylus

Help!

All of the sudden I'm hearing a squeegy like noise during play back. As if I were dragging my hands across wet glass. I dont recall this happening with any other table or cartridge I owned. I've checked with well over 20 albums to make sure it wasnt any specific label/pressing company/etc.

I'm using the MMF7 with the factory installed Goldring cartridge. Its just started in the past few plays (and the albums I used to confirm). The cartridge probably as 15 hours on it--max.

Can anyone help here? I'm freaking out.
fightingwords
Shipping costs both ways for an item under warranty are the responsibility of the dealer and/or manufacturing (unless specifically excluded in the terms of the warranty, which you should have a copy of in your owner's manual.)

If your dealer is not local, and he arranges for MH to send you an RMA so you can send it to back to MH, then MH should also include a pre-paid shipping label for you to stick on the box when you ship it back. (Make sure to ask your dealer to ask MH to include one with the RMA.)

I hope you still have the original packing.
Just remember that the dealer gets a mark up part of which is to cover these kinds of issues. If they won't help you get an RMA from MH, then I would tell them you are returning it for a full refund since it is defective, and let them try to get credit from MH. If you paid w CC then you should consider filing a dispute with your cc provider. That will hold up the dealer's payment and THEN you will get action. If you have to go that far, I would encourage you to name names. Not yet, but since MH does not deal factory direct, their dealer should step up to the plate. If they don't, both MH and your audiogon buddies should know about it. Given the state of flux of high end distribution/sales (see recent thread by member Lrsky, its importnat for the importer and the public to find out which dealers provide value-added and which do not. Good luck and keep us posted. BTW, since you told us your other TT works, then it has to be somewhere in the MH product. Based on your most recent description, it seems most likely that the problem is w the stylus but of course no way to be sure.
After much effort, Music Hall requested that I send my Eroica back for evaluation. I sent it insured 3 day UPS on Thursday nearly a month ago. Since the request to send the cart directly to Music Hall I've gotten a response from anyone (dealer or MH) regarding the status of my cart.

I would like to publicly express my disappointment in Music Hall's ability to work with their customers. I made repeated attempts to find the most appropriate way to communicate with them, none of which were answered, and my requests for a status on my issue have gone without notice.

I understand that in the world of audiophile equipment a 450-500 cart means nothing, but to someone like myself, young and just growing in the life style this can be a deal breaker -- for a long time.

I dont want to discredit the company, or to start any disagreements, just want to mention my personal admonishment for the way I have been treated.

as of this post, I've not received word of the condition of my cartridge, nor have I received any communication back from MH after several emails and phone calls (voice mails).

total bummer.

in the relm of carts -- Ortofon all the way from here on out.
Fightingwords, I sent the following email to MH about an hour ago:

-------------------------------------

Subject: baaaad press!
You guys should really take better care of your customers!
Especially the youngsters -- they are the future of this precious little hobby ;--)

Read the whole thread at:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?eanlg&1231936400&openmine&zzNsgarch&4&5#Nsgarch

Best regards,

------------------------------------

I just got a return email from Roy Hall. He was obviously concerned, and he thought I was the customer ;-) I asked him to email you through your Audiogon link. You should be hearing from him soon.

Good Luck!

Neil