Rega P25 Setup Question

Hi,

I feel kinda stupid asking this, but here goes:

I just got a rega p25. It has an expressimo counterweight on it. My old technics table had both a weight adjustment and an 'anti-skating' adjustment. The manual says there are adjustments for both of these on the rega as well, but I only see the one dial on the tonearm.

When I put the counter weight all the way forward, towards the tonearm base, and install my cartridge, the tonearm balances when I set the dial to 1. My cartridge recommends 1.8-2.2 grams of weight, so I put the dial at 3, just after where a big dot is on the dial.

My question is: Is this setup "correct" ... I'd expected an anti-skate control, but is this all built in to the one dial, or am I missing something? Is the dial for just the weight, or both ?

Any knowledge or suggestions much appreciated.
mrgoby
I advise not using the VTF on the arm. Better to disengage the spring by having the setting close to 0 and setting VTF with an external gauge. I found, over the years, this reduces any ringing caused by the spring. I had actually forgotten the 300 came with VTF because I never used it.
But to reiterate an earlier point, please use a VTF gauge when setting the Vertical Tracking Force appropriate for your cartridge. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT RELY on the numbers on the REGA counterweight dial!

A good inexpensive gauge is made by Shure and can be purchased online.
To eliminate the effect of the spring you have to turn the dial up past 3 not down to 0. Crank it up past 3 and use the weight to set the VTF!!!