Turntable set up HELP

OK, I have majorly messed something up and need expert advice. I set up my turntable a few months ago, and had no real problems, but I wanted to take it to the next level so I bought a Walley Tractor (well I ordered it in October, got it in January) and I tried to use it today. Well after I adjusted the cartridge using the Wally tractor, re-adjusted the needle force and anti-skate and put on a record. Well about 2 minutes in the record started to skip. Adjusting cartridge force again, anti-skate nothing helps. All the records skip. Platter is still level, I can't figure it out. Took everything off, re-set up, still skipping???

Help!!!!!
macdadtexas
If you set the arms tracking force to zero so it floats evenly, does it move from the outside to the inside with out any problems. Set the anti skate to zero. It should move with no effort.
Man, that stinks with "the guys" coming over, especially as they ALREADY give you grief. My in-laws are un-believers...
A little advice- Don't give "the guys" any audiophile speak, just let them hear!
Good luck!
Based on your experiments, my guess is there is a problem with the arm, or arm setup.

You should perhaps look into using Hi-Fi News Analogue Test LP for setting up the anti-skating. There are four tracks used to the setup the anti-skating. You should get it to track the first three of the anti-skating tracks and the tonearm should be fine, as far as anti-skating goes.

If possible, for setting the vertical tracking force, make sure that the tonearm rests parallel to the platter while the tip of the stylus is on the scale. The weight reading will change depending on whether the arm is parallel or not, with the stylus resting on the scale. Based on the scales available today, the tonearm should probable be raised a bit for setting the VTF, and then move down the VTA again to play.

Best,

iSanchez