Reel to Reel Restoration/Repair

Guys,

I just picked up a very nice looking Teac X1000R Reel to Reel Deck. It's in great shape (person who gave it to me remembers something wrong with it but couldn't remember exactly what it was, remembers dropouts or something). In any event, as I ALWAYS wanted to get into Reel to Reel, I will have the dec professionally restored. I did a search and found a place in Montana, The Reel Pro Sound Guys. Anyone have any experience with them? Also, I don't have any tapes or take up reel. (I did download a manual).
Can anyone direct me to a site (other than Ebay).
Appreciate any assistance.
128x128cerrot
I had my Tascam 3030 restored at NJ factory service. They are an authorized teac/tascam repair facility. They are located outside ny city not far from you
Thanks, Apachef1. You post prompted me to do a search for Teac Authorized Service (duh!) and I found three on Long Island, and I will be contacting them Monday morning. I just ordered some tapes and take up reel on Ebay so I can see what the problem is.

I should be enjoying R2R soon.

Thanks, everyone.
Threading a tape or watching two big M's going round and round, there is not much more fun (other than listening)you can have is there ???
Don't waste your time with the Teac authorized service on Long Island, go with New Jersey factory service direct. Often, at least in the New York area, those authorized service places farm it out to NJ Factory in the end and you pay a 50% mark up. If you plan on going to The Tape Project product, dump the TEAC now. Only a Technics 15xx series machine will work.