Rega P3-24 Vs VPI Scout.

With these tables being so very close in price... which is the better table? I listen to classic rock, alt, indy, a tiny bit of jazz. I also have B&W speakers(if that helps.) oh and this is my first turntable... Not really sure what is going on.

These tables are loved by almost everyone... I can't seem to put one above the other. PLEASE HELP!
craw13
I went from P3 to VPI scoutmaster and had a good WOW! what´s good is that there will be quite many upgrades available so you do not necessarily need to change the TT to improve (buy with as many extras as possible if you´ll go this route, it will probably be cheaper than buying one after the other). i´m pretty confident that i won´t change anytime soon into anything else, very good value for money indeed (going up in a way that makes huge difference would need a ton of investment here, which i prefer to spend for music or to the overall system (speakers, amps etc)). i had the same dilemma, but after some research here and elsewhere and waiting for a good offer i went for the scoutmaster (if you want to have the same WOW, have a P3 first;).
Craw 13,

I listen to mostly Jazz these days, Ray Brown, Ben Webster, Louis, Ella, Oscar Peterson. Lots of vocals. Do a decent amount of Classical and still go to classic rock and heavy metal every once in a while.