Well-Tempered Golf Ball?

In this month's TAS they describe the Well-Tempered Amadeus as follows: "tonearm is suspended from fishing line (which I've seen and understand) and damped with a golf ball."

Can someone explain this golf ball? Are we talking a Titleist here or merely something that reminds the author of a golf ball?
grimace
Yes, I do agree with you Grimace about a black golf ball might have been a better choice. But this is what Linn should be doing at this point by offering a product completely user friendly,instead of being tied to a tech.
I stand corrected it is a black golf ball according to the article. But looking at it, I was certain that is was white.
The Web site shows the entry level model with a white golf ball and the deluxe version (GT?) with a black painted golf ball. Evidently, you have to pony up if you want WT Labs to paint your golf ball.

Marty

PS I suppose that it's possible that the golf ball turns black over time as the bearing breaks in.

PPS I'd only add that ping pong balls, large marbles and prosthetic testicle implants remain promising new arm bearing technologies that I trust WT Labs will explore in the not-too-distant future.
I bet the paint is "precision audiophile grade paint" and soon to an audiophile store near you...in "Masters" green. I prefer the Noodle...
Coming soon: A "Swoosh" tweak for the golf ball. And a Tiger Woods Signature edition.