How is it ? that a tuner smokes the table ???

"(cats out of the bag)"

my friends dynalab 109 tube tuner blows away his turntable front end that costs 4X as much!!!

Can any one explain how a cd or analog turntable at a radio station gets played and sent thru the air and gets
reconstructed at the tuner is the single highest quality
source in hiend two channel reproduction !

that blows me away and I can understand it ?

IMHO tuner highest source than turntable than CD in that order.

I wish somebody told me this before I spend so much money !

what sayest thou ?
jimpcn
Some random comments:

$ does not = Q. The mere cost of a turntable set up is not a guarantee of quality.

FM potential still exists but the number of stations with quality broadcasting seems to be declining.

I believe the value of FM is highly dependent on where you live. In So. Cal. the quality of both programming and broadcast has declined over the past 10 years. While I can receive at least 25 stations (no recent count) not more than 3-4 are worth listening to. When visiting friends in RI a few years ago, we listened to two live concert broadcasts from Boston one evening on a 40+ year old Fisher tuner, they were both outstanding.

On the best of days, I've not heard an FM broadcast that can compare with the frequency extension, soundstage presentation, or dynamics of a good vinyl system.

As suggested by others, I agree there must be a problem with component matching or set up (or both) in Jimpcn's friend's table system.
It depends.

I like FM but Fm has limited high frequency extension I think?

That might result in lower fatigue and more relaxation listening to good quality stations at least compared to other sources that extend to higher frequencies depending, at least in some cases.

I think it would be hard to make a general case that FM is better than good vinyl or digital though.
haha, your funny

How many below have heard the Dynalab MD109 ???
$9000.00 tuner

I would say I have heard most tuners listed below and
would say all though they sound good/great, they are not in the league of
the 109 tuner !

One comment/writer below has accurately described the sound between the tuner and table. Table sounds less coloured for sure but dosen't have more detail and less dynamic. May have a bit more depth though.

The tuner sounds similiar but has more dynamics and colorations, but is intimate, and just sounds damn good.

Most listeners that hear the two riggs, agree tuner wins.

Some dealers at the last California Audio show used the 109 as the source for their demos, its that good !
Well, surely no tuner can sound better than the table or CD used at the station to playback whatever is being broadcast, can it?