How is it ? that a tuner smokes the table ???

"(cats out of the bag)"

my friends dynalab 109 tube tuner blows away his turntable front end that costs 4X as much!!!

Can any one explain how a cd or analog turntable at a radio station gets played and sent thru the air and gets
reconstructed at the tuner is the single highest quality
source in hiend two channel reproduction !

that blows me away and I can understand it ?

IMHO tuner highest source than turntable than CD in that order.

I wish somebody told me this before I spend so much money !

what sayest thou ?
jimpcn
Please tell us more about the components in the vinyl chain. That would help me understand what you are comparing the tuner with, and I do know how good an FM tuner can sound.

"The tuner sounds similiar but has more dynamics and colorations, but is intimate, and just sounds damn good."

This describes 90% of the audio equipment out there, but doesn't tell me a damn thing.
"The tuner sounds similiar but has more dynamics and colorations, but is intimate, and just sounds damn good."

Sounds like your radio station is using a Lenco!

Bob
I own a MD108 and it amazes me since the day I got it. Don't ask me why, but it sounds better than most analog and digital combos I listened to.
Some time ago I listened to a Streisand Concert (no limiters) and I was VERY impressed. Even when a Radio Station works from Harddisk with limiters I can hear how good the CD from the artist is (or not). This Tuner (and the Basis Turntable ) survived every change in my system for years now.
Ok, Syntax, Thomas, whatever you go by these days. Can I assume your Basis is better than this tuner or not? What other components, digital or analog did you compare this tuner with?
Basis and Micro 5000 are better (with a good Phono stage/Arm, Cart., Cable), but this Tuner is a single box unit, 1 way to connect and that's it. Better than all Wadias until the latest units, better than dcs, Levinson and some others. I lost interest in digital after this experience. I avoid discussions like that, because I know, no one will believe it, but - for me - it is the way it is.