How is it ? that a tuner smokes the table ???

"(cats out of the bag)"

my friends dynalab 109 tube tuner blows away his turntable front end that costs 4X as much!!!

Can any one explain how a cd or analog turntable at a radio station gets played and sent thru the air and gets
reconstructed at the tuner is the single highest quality
source in hiend two channel reproduction !

that blows me away and I can understand it ?

IMHO tuner highest source than turntable than CD in that order.

I wish somebody told me this before I spend so much money !

what sayest thou ?
jimpcn
I suppose it is a shock for anyone who thinks vinyl is the top of the food chain. Gawd man! Don't ever listen to a good R2R! ;-)
Maybe those good FM stations tossed out their CD and record players and are using all reel to reel as their source or perhaps even miking their own all live performances? How do they fit the symphony orchestra into that studio though?

Another possibility is that maybe the table setup isn't that good or set up properly or that the recordings being played aren't recorded very well either?
possibility is that maybe the table setup isn't that good or set up properly or that the recordings being played aren't recorded very well either

well, lots of analog enthusiasts think, that analog reproduction is automatically better than everything else. That's a mistake, I listened to countless analog set ups which were simply nothing special (no depth, no body, no holographic picture, colored in nearly all frequencies etc....) and even expensive Systems can be really boring.
But to go back to Tuners, most are a pain to listen to but when we remember, a Marantz 10B was very expensive at its time, same for Sequerra.
Exceptional brain can create timeless fascination.
"lots of analog enthusiasts think, that analog reproduction is automatically better than everything else. That's a mistake, I listened to countless analog set ups which were simply nothing special"

That is a fact. The vast percentage of playback systems back in the golden age of vinyl were quite poor. Many more were mediocre. Only a few were really good. And a large % of records produced over the years aren't all that hot either!

That's why it gets my goat a bit when someone argues that a particular format is categorically better than another. There are too many things that go into good sound otherwise that matters to even consider making such statements realistically.
Khaki8,
What are the 4 stations here in NYC with high quality broadcasting? This thread has got me curious.

I would like to give my old tubed Sherwood tuner a shot on a decent radio station. I don't expect it to compete with a good tt set-up, but before reading this thread I was recently contemplating radio station transmission and whether or not a tuner could be a high quality source.

Thanks!