How is it ? that a tuner smokes the table ???

"(cats out of the bag)"

my friends dynalab 109 tube tuner blows away his turntable front end that costs 4X as much!!!

Can any one explain how a cd or analog turntable at a radio station gets played and sent thru the air and gets
reconstructed at the tuner is the single highest quality
source in hiend two channel reproduction !

that blows me away and I can understand it ?

IMHO tuner highest source than turntable than CD in that order.

I wish somebody told me this before I spend so much money !

what sayest thou ?
jimpcn
>>but it is surprising to me because many analog front ends here and world wide easily surpasses the $10,000.00 mark and still is unable to match the tuner for sound.<<

I can assemble a dozen analog front ends for less than $10K that will blast the 109 into embarrassment.

Dealer disclaimer: I sell the 109
Dear Jimpcn, Thank you for correcting which issue of Audioxpress your pre-amp came from. I was wondering about the issue you originally cited because the closest article that I could find that made sense from Oct. 2005 was, "Design a High-Performance Valve-Based Line Amp." And, I recalled you mentioning the phono stage; a line amp would not have one.

2005 looks like an interesting year with the series of articles of tips on constructing tube amp projects.
bycle-man this is only a line preamp !!!

go back and re-read the what I had said, I did not say there was a phono stage in my preamp.; but I did recommend the K&Ktube phono stage.

Sorry for the confusion.
By the way, Jimpcn, I did take another look just now at your earlier posts. I see where I was misled. At one point, 3-05-2009 I believe, you said that you and your friends have more than $10k invested in turntables. And you repeatedly mention how the 109 blows away turntables.

I misunderstood. Thanks for pointing out how your pre-amp is line-stage only.

I am still very curious about it using a 6080 tube. It is an indirectly heated dual triode. I think it was originally used in power supply or rectifier circuits. I could be wrong, though. But, how is it used in your pre-amp circuit? As the line level amplifier, one triode section per channel? If so, is there any cross-talk?