Possible to Compare the DV XV-1 & Grado Statement?

Been using the DV 20XL for several years and and am getting the itch to move on... I have a Hovland HP-100 preamp with phono. The Hovland folks seem to like the Grado Statement quite a bit. Local advice leans very heavily towards the Dynavector XV-1. How can I possibly compare these two? The Statement is way less money... Anyone have experience with these two cartridges? Thoughts on this compare? Using a VPI Aries 3 TT with a DV507-MKII arm.
thanks
stickman451
The XV-1s is a world class phono cartridge.

That's the difference between them.

Dealer disclaimer
You won't find many people with actual first-hand experience with The Statement. From what I've read in forums, most people seem to try to "guestimate" it's performance from hearing Grado's other offerings - which is worthless. There is a big difference (besides cost), in every regard, between it and Grado's other carts.

I own it, but honestly cannot afford anything more expensive to compare it to.
I would concur with comment #1.
I would never bag on a grado, they are great for what they are, especially in the inexpensive aisle. The few I've heard with more money involved I wouldn't care to own.
However, you're comparing apples and oranges...
If you can't swing for the top dyna, try the xx-2.
It would only make sense since you have the arm.
Good luck...
also, been hearing good things about the cartridgeman's new goodies, and not a bad price.
Stickman, The Dynavector is one of the great cartridges in the here and now.

If your seriously considering the XV1 this money your about to spend would be better spent I think towards another table instead, table only.
Either move up the VPI line or look else where.
You have a good preamp, phono and arm.

Four grand is a great start and in the long run, definitely a good move.
Hello Stickman451,

I own the Grado Statement Master 0.5mv and I can say it's a great cartridge for its price
If you like brass instruments and vocals .. there are few cartridge that can sound so "magical" like this Grado Statement serie.
By the way I think it is not comparable to the Dyna XV 1s .. cos it's like to compare a very good Mercedes Benz to a Ferrari .. the first car is good for all day use while the second can do things the first only can dream
Did you get the point?

IMHO

Curio