Possible to Compare the DV XV-1 & Grado Statement?

Been using the DV 20XL for several years and and am getting the itch to move on... I have a Hovland HP-100 preamp with phono. The Hovland folks seem to like the Grado Statement quite a bit. Local advice leans very heavily towards the Dynavector XV-1. How can I possibly compare these two? The Statement is way less money... Anyone have experience with these two cartridges? Thoughts on this compare? Using a VPI Aries 3 TT with a DV507-MKII arm.
thanks
stickman451
As I pointed out, most people will try to extrapolate "The Statement's" performance from Grado's lessor offerings, but almost none have ever heard the actual cart you are asking about. And even less have directly compared the two.
Dear Stkman451: I agree with what people posted on the great XV-1.

I never heard the Statement but I own the Grado Amber The Tribute ( over 1.6K ) and it is an exeptional performer if the Statement is on this " league " ( that I understand it is ) then the choice between those cartridges ( Grado/Dyna ) is a hard call to anyone, Btw, like almost always it is system dependent specially on the phono stage.

I can live for ever with each one. Sorry not to be more specific.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Hi Stkman451,
I own the xv-1s and Grado(Amber)Tribute and would have to agree with Raul.
Both cartridges are excellent performers.
If anything the dyna probably has a slightly more forward top end.

Regards Rob
In all honesty, I haven't the faintest idea how the The Statement compares against top-flight carts, so why don't I help clear up this whole issue!

I will send my Grado "The Statement" to an Audiogon member with the XV-1 for a direct comparison in their system.

Audiofeil, Raul, Rwjp, and Stiltskin all have top notch systems. Whose up for the task?
Dear Bob: If you can try to run the Amber loaded at 100Kohms, this makes a difference for the better.

Btw, nice to see amother person with this great Grado cartridge, it seems to me that only a few people know about.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.