Has anyoe had problems using the mint LP tractor

I have just spent about 2 or 3 hours trying to reset my cartridge using my newly acquired Mint LP Tractor and quite frankly I have found the whole experience very frustrating. I have put it down to inexperience on my part and aging eyesight........... surely I can't be the only person who has experienced difficulties, although reading the various threads here on the tractor it's beginning to look like I am!!! I intend having another attempt in a day or so, in the meantime any advice from the 'professionals' would be welcome.
wes4390
Having used a Turntablebasics protractor (also a mirror) for many years, I found adapting to the Mint very easy - "just" a matter of having good closeup vision and enough light, as several have said.

As with most new tasks, understanding and improvement come from practice. Take a day to relax and try again, starting from step 1. Stop for a breather whenever you feel frustrated, cartridge alignment is definitely not a race.

Once you think you've got it, wait a few days and then do it all over again. Each repetition will build understanding, the process will go a bit faster and your results will undoubtedly improve. (Which reminds me, I haven't checked my alignment in a couple of months. Time for more practice!)

Wes, once you get sorted out with a suitable well lit work area.
Have on hand several tools that you think may help during set up, read through the MintLp threads for suggestions.

However what works well for others especially optical aids may not work for you, some experimenting has to be done on your part.

I give the instruction manual for the Mint tractor highest marks, follow it step by step and learn to have PATIENCE.

In the end hopefully you will be thrilled with the results of a highly accurate catridge set up and just think, one you did yourself.

I am a novice at best and each time I checked set up of my cartridge I further dialed it in with notable improvment.

What better way is there to know your turntable.
Wes4390 hang in there. Make SURE you have GOOD lighting, and try to put the TT so that it is at eye level when you are sitting down. Also angle the TT so that where the left front and left side corner meet is facing you to get a little better angle to see. I was going to go to a coin shop to see if they had a 20x 50x or 100x loops for sale. My eyesight went back to normal after a couple of days. No more walking into walls. Good luck, it's worth the effort, and the sound will be better and more accurate.
Having read the responses I now understand that I made several fundamnetal errors...............these I can correct, don't know about the eyesight though I may have to enlist the help of mrs. wes or even junior wes to act as back up !!! will keep you posted when I have another attempt, probably the next free rainy day I have, which I suspect, living in Ireland, will not be far away!!
I have posted about this previously.

I too couldn't seem to really see what is going on with the Mint LP. I looked far and wide for fiber optic devices that could get me in close to see the alignment, and took a chance that this would work, which it does very well.

http://www.endoscopeshop.com/ear-scope-gxl-7400-pixel-highend-endoscope-p-174.html

It's a bit expensive at over $200 with shipping, but it is invaluable in terms of getting a good view. I should email Yip about this, but he might be hesitant to recommend a viewing device that is twice as expensive as his protractor.