Has anyoe had problems using the mint LP tractor

I have just spent about 2 or 3 hours trying to reset my cartridge using my newly acquired Mint LP Tractor and quite frankly I have found the whole experience very frustrating. I have put it down to inexperience on my part and aging eyesight........... surely I can't be the only person who has experienced difficulties, although reading the various threads here on the tractor it's beginning to look like I am!!! I intend having another attempt in a day or so, in the meantime any advice from the 'professionals' would be welcome.
wes4390
...and yes, the VPI 9, and 9Sig uses the same Mint protractor. The only difference between these 2 arms is the wiring - Nordost for the Sig, and Discovery for the regular one.
Stringreen

While you do use the same protractor for both the regular and the signature JMW 9 arms, there are other differences in the two arms than just the wiring. A different arm wand, fine adjustment for VTF, and an oil damping well too.
I forget where I saw the original post, but I found this to be more helpful than the Peak Loupe when using the Best Tractor:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/bausch-lomb-linen-illuminated-coddington.html

I admit the build quality is not that great, but I was able to position this easier than the Peak on my setup.

I have had good results with the Best Tractor... especially with those unusually long LP's made with VMS-8x cutting computer.
Using a loupe or magnifying glass to check stylus angle, etc. is always a problem for me. First, my eyesight isn't what it used to be and second the circumference of a loupe makes it difficult to fit into the angle of the cartridge and turntable (at least for me).

My solution was to purchase a pen microscope with 25X magnification. It is, as the name suggests, about the size of a pen so I can maneuver it into tight places and the 25X magnification - you can get higher - helps my old eyes.