Am I going sideways?

Hi all,
Fist post, so pleae be gentle. I have an original Townshend Rock circa 86-87 which I'm looking to offload. I'm considering a SOTA Sapphire (which I had previously, and loved)or a HW19 Mk 3 as a replacement. Will the changeover yield any benefits or should I stay where I am? I would be using A Dynavector XX on a RB300 on either set up, which also exists now on the Rock. Please advise
Roman
rotur
I have a Musical Fidelity X-LP phono stage with a Krell 300i integrated amp, wiring escapes me re manufacturer but it is a godd quality ribbon wire with gold interconnects, speakers are Duntech Regents, so overall, reasonably modest but suits me well at this point in time. BTW PRaT?
Roman
If you're staying with your other components a SOTA Star vacuum would be a very real upgrade. Even with the vacuum I would still recommend the addition of the SOTA clamp.

I wouldn't go too high up the ladder with the Dynavector and Rega though.

I've owned 3 SOTAs and a couple of other tables. I own a Sota Nova (latest version) now and am extremely pleased.
I used to own a vaccuum table from SOTA. IME, the SOTA vaccuum system imparts a very particular quality vis a vis any other TT I've heard. (These include non-vaccuum SOTAs, and many others - but not any vaccuum systems from any company other than SOTA). Many people love it, others (me included) not so much. This is not a pick or a pan. I'm merely advising that vaccuum hold down is one feature on a TT that -IMHO- must be auditioned before purchase.

Marty
"I wouldn't go too high up the ladder with the Dynavector...."

Whaaa? The XX is a fantastic cart, one that I'd wager could hold it's own with any deck and arm!

I'm going to assume you meant the DV as mated to the Rega, with which I might agree...

Oh, and Rotur, 'PRaT' is an acronym for 'pace, rhythm, and timing'. Here's a pretty good explanation.http://www.tnt-audio.com/edcorner/prat_e.html
Johnbrown. Yea. You're correct. I was referring to the match up of the DV to the Rega. The DV is a very good cart. I find the Rega combination weak relative to the capability of the DV.