Early 1970's rock: Name some of your favorites

I've been listening to a local FM station a little more recently and have been enjoying some of the "flashbacks" that they've been playing. I'm primarily talking about stuff from Bowie, Roxy Music, Velvet Underground and yes, even the Stones, etc...

As such, i thought it would be neat to dredge up the past and ask some of you to contribute a "few" of your favourite albums from this time. This might also help others find some "gems" that may have been overlooked. Just remember, we're talking early to mid 1970's, not your favourite rock albums of all time. Sean
>
sean
Must be nice to still have the brain cells to remember those times so well - it's all just a "purple haze" to me...
(As an aside, somebody's auctioning "Tangerine Dream" - one of the first albums I ever bought, and I just figured I had the only copy - along w/ "The Elephant's Memory")

Cheers,
Tom
Captain Beyond - S/T
Ten Years After - Cricklewood Green
Mountain - Nantucket Sleighride
James Gang - Rides Again
Blue Oyster Cult - Secret Treaties
Favorites I STILL listen to even today:
1. Traffic "Low Spark.."
2. ELP "Brain Salad.."
3. CSNY "Deja Vu"
4. Yes: any, I know, really bad recordings, bad solid state
5. Chicago 1st album
6. George Harrison "All Things.."
and a few others..
What I remember from 70-71-72 as being popular but I do not listen to now: Black Sabbath Master of Reality, Deep Purple Machine Head, Zepplin I, II, III of course, Elton John's golden era (Honky Cat, Yellowbrick, etc.) and who can forget Tull's Aqualung?
Emerson, Lake & Palmer-Tarkus
Jeff Beck-Blow By Blow
Beck, Bogart & Appice
Mahavishnu Orchestra-Birds Of Fire
Camel
Billy Cobham-Spectrum
King Crimson-Red
Jethro Tull-Benefit
Yes-Close To The Edge
Who-Live At Leeds
Rush-Caress Of Steel
Ten Years After-Undead
Grand Funk Railroad-Closer To Home

A nice trip down memory lane.
Thanks for the question.
What a great thread! As a child of the late 60's/early 70's I'll throw a few of my favorites out that are still on my turntable weekly:

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Dirt Silver and Gold
New Riders of the Purple Sage - NRPS
Roxy Music - Avalon
Allman Brothers Band - Fillmore East
The Who - Who's Next
Santana - Abraxis
Pink Floyd - Umma Gumma
Marshall Tucker Band - A New Life
Crosby, Stills and Nash - CSN (just bought 180g reissue from Acoustic Sounds)

The list could go on and on, but I'll leave space for other people...