Early 1970's rock: Name some of your favorites

I've been listening to a local FM station a little more recently and have been enjoying some of the "flashbacks" that they've been playing. I'm primarily talking about stuff from Bowie, Roxy Music, Velvet Underground and yes, even the Stones, etc...

As such, i thought it would be neat to dredge up the past and ask some of you to contribute a "few" of your favourite albums from this time. This might also help others find some "gems" that may have been overlooked. Just remember, we're talking early to mid 1970's, not your favourite rock albums of all time. Sean
>
sean
Well, KF, it's good to know that some of you 'youngsters' appreciate good music, anyhow!!

I forgot one--REO Speedwagon, no not that 'Keep on loving you' s***, but Early stuff, like the album with "Riding the storm out' on it!
And how about Styx--no not 'MIsterRoboto', but 'Lady'
Fun post Sean..A breath of fresh air here for sure.
Anyone ever get into Cactus? I dont remember the name of the album I had, but one song on it was called Long Tall Sally or something like that.
I loved the album..was this band good or was I just a red eyed teen?
How about Its A Beautiful Day? White Bird? I havent seen this mentioned..A true classic! You younger 'Philes that like Days Of The New should check them out.Very similar style.The First time I heard Days Of The New I thought I was listening to Its A Beautiful Day..strange!
Elvin Bishop
Black Oak.. yeah! Jim Dandy to the recue!!
Wishbone Ash "argus"
Moody Blues "Threshhold Of A Dream" This is 'maybe' my favorite album.
Again Sean...awesome thread!
I was born in '74... can't believe I forgot the Steve Hillage stuff: Arzachel, Khan, Gong and his early solo stuff (and not to forget Dave Stewart's band "Egg".) Duanegoosen scooped the Canterbury link with Henry Cow. How about Happy the Man, and Hatfield + the North? At least one of the HTM guys (Stanley Whittaker) is active in the modern pomp band Ten Jinn, which is just great if you've got an iron stomach.

Just scored a bunch of Sylvania '74 6BM8s for my Wave monos in the bedroom, they sound awesome. Not a bad year ; )
Mwilson, I've got a Happy the man LP; some of the guys I was in college with knew some of the Happy the Man musicians somehow; I was going to mention Steve Hillage too, especially 'L'--his best solo work in my opinion. 'FIsh Rising' was good too.
Oh, yeah, another GREAT progressive 70's band--Crack the sky. 'Animal Notes' and Safety in numbers; I still listen to that.
The intial post states '70-75 several of the above mentions are creeping into the 2nd half of the 70's.
Queen post A Night At..,Reo,Styx,Be Bop and several others.............