Early 1970's rock: Name some of your favorites

I've been listening to a local FM station a little more recently and have been enjoying some of the "flashbacks" that they've been playing. I'm primarily talking about stuff from Bowie, Roxy Music, Velvet Underground and yes, even the Stones, etc...

As such, i thought it would be neat to dredge up the past and ask some of you to contribute a "few" of your favourite albums from this time. This might also help others find some "gems" that may have been overlooked. Just remember, we're talking early to mid 1970's, not your favourite rock albums of all time. Sean
>
sean
Steppenwolf-Born to be Wild- still my favorite rock song of all time
Blue Oyster Cult-Secret Treaties---Are you a cagey cretin?
The Who- Who's Next, Quadrophenia
Santana- all albums
Elton John- GBYBR
Pink Floyd- DSOTM
Eagles- all albums
Frampton Comes Alive- Still my favorite live rock album
Boston- I can't believe nobody has ranted about this album.
Completely unfathomable that this was basically made
in someone's basement.
OK Ben, I'll step in here...
Jay, let's not get too far out of bounds here - "BTBW" is from '68, and Boston didn't come out until '77, if I remember correctly (and trust me, I've tried to forget! :-).
Oneprof I do say post Night for Queen,for Be Bop Deluxe I was thinking Sunburst Finish (the one most fans relate to....)which was '76 but yes Axe Victim is '74-apologies for that but I do find more and more on this list-countless ramblings (which you are not guility of at all)miles off the intial thread- which has been an inevitable outcome for a long time now.
You just feel like (sometimes) you are in a crowd shouting to be heard (and yes everybody has something valid to say )amongst a lot of incorrect postings-yes we all make mistakes.
Seriously it makes me not post..........well at least there's something positive comes out of it.....
:-)
Ben, no need to explain. Your point is well taken and certainly valid.whFrankly, I wasn't sure of the dates myself until I looked them up, and I'm still not sure about early Styx and REO. I'm just happy to see that somebody else out there appreciates Bill Nelson; I paid big bucks on ebay for the CD reissue of 'Live in the Air Age', and I still think that the Yorkshire Landscape solo on there is one of the best and most unique solos in rock guitar history. I only wish I could have seen them live back then.