The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
About the Dynaudio Sapphires, if you don't mind.
I love the Dynaudio sound but I have to sit 8 feet from my speakers (they are on the long wall of my 20 x 13 foot room).
I had Aerial 10Ts & Wilson WP6s right here & they were fine. So do you think the Sapphires would fit here?
I consider the Dynaudio line in general to be a gold standard in speaker design and sound, even if not necessarily the most unique or distinctive sound out there.
The new Vandersteen 7's. Too expensive for me now, so I had to settle on Maggie 3.7's. They may be better except for low end.
I know it's old, but AR 10pi are a slightly updated version of the trusty AR303a, manufactured when Teledyne got involved-- 1970's. They need at least a good PP EL34 or good solid state amp (Belles, or Van Alstine, etc). These do not "image" in the conventional sense- they fill the room with accurate and detailed sound. Never heard anything better, owned many vintage and high-end. Something about the paper 12" woofers on these, and paper dome tweeter, just right with vocals, cello, piano, symphony, anything!