New tonearm: wish to upgrade from DV 505

Dear Audiogoners,
I would like to get your advice for the best actual upgrade from an old DV 505 (mounted on a PX 100 M direct drice). Within the last 20 years, many alternatives evolved. I appreciate any of your valuable proposals. Da Vinci? Schroeder SQ? FR? Any suggestions are welcome.
Best regards r walter
_r_walter
While we are on the subject of the DV505, I have several questions regarding its many adjustable elements (set-screws and their function), most of which are not even mentioned in the Owner's Manual, at least not in the English translation. Do any of you know of a source of a DV505 expert, preferably in the Northeast US?
Hi Paul, coming back to your question concerning drive stability, I had a similar experience like the one Frank had told you. It happened (only) once when touching the grounding (earthing) of the tonearm cable that the speed jumped from 33rpm to 45rpm. An immediate reset using the speed control panel was possible. So far (knock on wood), I observed no other adverse reactions/side effects. The PX 100 really is the gem you mentioned.
Regards walter
That is a gorgeous turntable, certainly worthy of the best tonearm that may be found.

Is there room on the PX-100M plinth for a 12" tonearm?

If so, then for lower mass, there is the SME 312 and Brinkmann 12.1, for higher mass; Orofon (new or vintage,) the SME 3012, Schick (improved ortofon style.) Norma Hylee (like vintage Neumann) the EMT 997 (being made again,) or the Ikeda/FR. The Mørch 'arm is interesting, as different wands have different masses and effective lengths.

Good luck in your search, let the AudioGon community know what you find.

Regards,

David