Glanz moving magnet cartridges

Hi,

I have just acquired an old Glanz G5 moving magnet cartridge. However, I cannot find out any details about this or the Glanz range or, even the company and its history.

Can anyone out there assist me in starting to piece together a full picture?

Any experiences with this or other Glanz's; web links; set up information etc would be warmly received. Surely someone knows something!

Thanks in hope
dgob
Dear Dgob: +++++ " to aesthetic judgements ... " ++++

you are absolutely wrong with me. I posted several times even for some time in my Agon virtual system I writed: " I don't care about aesthetic but about quality performance, nothing less and nothing more. ".

Aesthetics is not the trouble it is only that your common sense is way different from mine. My whole audio experiences through the years is way different from you and seems to me, for your post where you take your time to revise the longest thread on Agon only to find out how to show other people that 3 years ago I had a different point of view, that you have a " problem " of personality with me.

Please forget about me on this subject: forgeret what I think about.
Why do you care so much about, so much that you take a lot of time to find out what I posted 3 YEARS AGO ?, my God!!!

Certainly IMHO you are not helping any one with your attitude and even I think you could make a " damage " to your self, don't do it: it is not worth to do it !!!!!

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Hi Raul,

Am I missing something or did I start this thread (with a clearly announced focus and purpose) and you then select to contribute opinions herer that I cannot appreciate?

Either way, let's keep it to the cartridges under discussion!

As always...
Hi Raul,

BTW, I was using the term "aesthetic" in its wider Baumgarten sense around sensitivities that include 'sonic beauty' (the limitations of his wider political applications not withstanding). But as I say, let's keep it to catridges and you are welcome not to contribute anything further on this thread: if, as you seem to be suggesting, that is your wish.

However, as long as I find your apparently contradictory criticisms holds concerns that need to be addressed for the benefit of any potential users, I will attempt to address them.

As always...
Dear Dgob, Sorry for your 'argument' but 'aestethic in its
wider...sense' make no sense. Raul is very clear in his
statement reg. function versus aestethics. I myself am very
impressed with the 'aestethics' of the FR-64s. But I
would never state that FR-64s is functionaly very good tonearm
because of its aesthetics. Those are different criterions.

Regards,
Hi All,

Any knowledge of and/or experience with the above noted Glanz tonearms (or about Sibatech) would still be appreciated. Feel free to respond off-site if needs be.

As always...