Glanz moving magnet cartridges

Hi,

I have just acquired an old Glanz G5 moving magnet cartridge. However, I cannot find out any details about this or the Glanz range or, even the company and its history.

Can anyone out there assist me in starting to piece together a full picture?

Any experiences with this or other Glanz's; web links; set up information etc would be warmly received. Surely someone knows something!

Thanks in hope
dgob
Hi Raul,

BTW, I was using the term "aesthetic" in its wider Baumgarten sense around sensitivities that include 'sonic beauty' (the limitations of his wider political applications not withstanding). But as I say, let's keep it to catridges and you are welcome not to contribute anything further on this thread: if, as you seem to be suggesting, that is your wish.

However, as long as I find your apparently contradictory criticisms holds concerns that need to be addressed for the benefit of any potential users, I will attempt to address them.

As always...
Dear Dgob, Sorry for your 'argument' but 'aestethic in its
wider...sense' make no sense. Raul is very clear in his
statement reg. function versus aestethics. I myself am very
impressed with the 'aestethics' of the FR-64s. But I
would never state that FR-64s is functionaly very good tonearm
because of its aesthetics. Those are different criterions.

Regards,
Hi All,

Any knowledge of and/or experience with the above noted Glanz tonearms (or about Sibatech) would still be appreciated. Feel free to respond off-site if needs be.

As always...
Hi All,

Just to note that I had a few friends over for the weekend: two of whom are gifted musicians. On hearing my Glanz G7, they suggested that they 'believed'the performances (including Miltstein's Bach) - meaning that they felt it presented the actual live events.

This was in comparison to my Technics P100c Mk4 and was based on the greater dynamic abilities of the Glanz. The classical guitarist was particularly impressed by the sheer quality of detail/information that was passed through it and how (to paraphrase) 'the music simply did not seem to emanate from mechanical and electronic equipment'. He has heard many manifestations of my systems but this was the first time it was greeted with such shock and awe.

I mention this because it pleased me beyond words. I respect more than I can say their musicianship and honesty and found an unexpected degree of satisfaction. Yes, it was easy for me to appreciate their views because they obviously complied with my own. Nevertheless, I am now even more hopeful that others will be afforded the opportunity to share that experience.

Simply magnificent!!

As always...
Hi Dgob,
Which tonearm were you using with the Glanz G7, was it the Audiocraft ?