TW-Acustic Arm

TW-Acustic has a beautiful looking arm. Does anyone know what it sounds like?
128x128gerrym5
Dear Dgad, dear Downunder, you both are proud owners of TW's turntables and probably soon of his tonearm too.
Fine.
I don't think that I kind of loose some of my words, intentions or phrases by converting them into english.
My german is much sharper - no doubt, but I guess you have got me quite well.
Your reaction shows I am right.
Apparently TW has now activated some of his prime international supporters.
Fine again.
How can I criticise a component I haven't heard?

I have placed critic about design issues and a price tag were I can detect no faint correlation to material input, production effort or new features.
I know from the by now widely know design features of the 10.5 very well its virtues and flaws.

See - this is the very first product from a company which has so far only put some decent turntables to the market. I simply do not see any reason for giving this tonearm high praise.
It surely will sound great in your systems - of course, you bought/buy it and you already fall for the sound of TWs turntables.
That is great for you - fine for me and thanks god, not my problem.
Why I still dare even mentioning the FR-66s of decades gone by ?
Because it addressed and incorporated solves for issues in pivot tonearm design which the designers (and the vast majority of all tonearm designers in the past 30 years...) of the TW 10.5 - and most likely (at least so far...) the reviewers of the magazines testing it... - didn't even detected existing.

Try to build a FR-66s w/B-60 today - you will be shocked how expensive the were construction costs are (and I have the schematics for both....). About 4-5 times the production costs of the TW 10.5 w/base - even in a production run of 20-50 samples in a row.
Will or can the TW 10.5 "outperform" (a strange word indeed in this context...) a Phantom or Phantom II ?
Maybe if set up by TW or one of you......
If a Phantom or Phantom II is set up by me, it will show its virtues and I would be happy to demonstrate its superiority with todays top-flight cartridges.
Even on a TW turntable.
Give me 30 minutes with the Phantom II on any Raven with a good cartridge and I show you what good design can produce aside from marketing hype and supporter groups in online chats.

How about a shoot-out at the High-End 2010 ?
Would be a great chance for TW to proof that there are no guts behind my big mouth ....

good day mates.....
Dear Thuchan, the problem is, that plain technical issues and critic not based on personal opinion or "but it sounds good to me" is not wanted, if the manufacturer want's to use a online forum as a free-of-charge marketing platform only.
What provokes my participation in this thread is the hype about a mediocre new product which is - from its mere design parameters and plain viewing less than optimal. Yet graced with a very serious price tag and the hail of the new king and conquerer.
Hi Detoham

TW has not activated any type of support from me. I just got a bit sick and tired of you and your fellow German cronies bitcthing and moaning over something you have not seen in the flesh, yet alone heard.

I have no intention currently to buy a TW tonearm, let alone have the opportunity to listen to one way down in Sydney. As I mentioned it is expensive and will need to be judged against other tonearms.

How does your 11k Davinci tonearm that you are selling rate for design issues and price tag?

I own a TW Raven turntable - WOW, big deal. It is a great sounding table no matter what you say.
I have also recently bought vintage Exclusive P10 & P3 turntables, for a lot less money than my Raven - so what - they are also very nice sounding. Am I now promoting Pioneer?

BTW, Can you please film a M Fremer type of video with detailed steps on how to correctly set up a Graham Phantom, as you clearly are the global expert. I am a mere consumer and music lover.
I am serious, as it would be good to learn more. You can then post on audiogon for the benefit of all of us.

How bout putting your big mouth to work now?

Me, I would luv to hear your new turntable that is 4-5 times more expensive than Black Knight - heck hopefully you will even sell one.
Hi Downunder, first of all - I want to apologize that I did address you in a batch together with Dgad.
That wasn't my intention and it slipped my attention this morning in my previous post.
So - my formal apology.
I usually do have serious regard for your set-up, taste and opinion.

Well - I don't have to see "in the flesh" a tonearm if it is presented in good pictures and with it's basic design features displayed and described.
It is a mechanical device I am very familiar with and which is fairly simple.
I can tell with most any turntable or tonearm the sound it will produce from its mere technical parameters and features.
I am selling the DaVinci 12" for a good friend on his behalf and - yes, its new retail price tag is in no way better in terms of value/input for money than the TW 10.5, - no doubt about that.
P10 & P3 - great buys. In fact - steals.

I am not into video, but its a nice idea.
It will however not come as free lunch, as I am used to get payment for my time and knowledge.
We'll see.

My new turntable? - I have sold 12 units of its forerunner (which wasn't much cheaper...) and have 3 blind orders already. So - no worries......

You will have a chance to hear it at the High-End 2011 in Munich.
However - you will see pictures and find it in 2-3 systems descriptions here on Audiogon a few months before.

So - rest assured - my big mouth is heavily at work already and since quite some time.
No problems Dertonarm. I'll let Dgad fend for himself, he is more than capable :-)

We are all here hopefully for our enjoyment of music first, and hifi as a vechicle for that enjoyment.

You are correct, the P3 & P10 are a steal and clearly show the Japanese, when they put all their considerable engineering expertise into something, the product can and is world class - even 30 years later.
They are a wonderful alternative sound to my Raven and the in built suspension isolates from any footfall etc.

Do you have any photo's, links to your previous turntable. I am sure everyone here would be interested in seeing them before your new table.

If I can make Munich, it would be wonderful.