M2Tech HiFace - using it? Like it?

On the Tweak Geek website this little gizmo looks pretty slick and a much simpler way of converting USB to SPDIF. My Pop Pulse does the same thing but it is bulky (by comparison) and the USB capability is terrible at 44/16 max. BTW I use a Mac Pro and iTunes.

If you are using the M2Tech I would appreciate your feedback.
puerto
Thanks for the input Blindjim. I am not clear on how Pure Music and others work. Is it a music download operation or does it play my own library? If it plays my own library, what happens to iTunes? Does it mess with my iTunes artwork? BTW, still waiting for the arrival of the M2Tech. It is coming from Italy to Mexico and was shipped from Italy on April 23rd. Maybe the Iceland volcano ash has delayed its arrival. Happy to hear that you have experienced good things with it.
Wouldn't you know it - about 30 minutes after my last post the M2Tech arrived. I will test it out this evening and give my first impressions. No doubt the world will be waiting anxiously.
Puerto

From where did you order your Hiface unit?

I ordered mine from Tweek Geek... it supposedly doesn't ship until mid May.

RE Pure music
I doubt seriously it will do anything to your existing configuration. I've several music players on one or more machines and they all operate independantly of one another save for MC 14. MC 14 USES some of the iTunes engines for replaying Apple associated file types.... but all the artwork, music folders and so forth aren't compromised at all.

In fact with most MPs, you have to tell them where to find the music on your pc if it isnt in the My Music folder by default.... mine are not.

I don't know enough about PM to say more... I saw it online and it's dedicated for Macs so I looked no further than to see it allowed high res music playback on those Mac OS's.

Personally, once I decided to go all in on downloading or ripping high res files to my PC I'd get it and see how well it plays them. I'm sure it'll play back normal res files too! it might even have a trial period so it can be found out for free.

Don't like it? Just uninstall it. Simple. No biggie.
Blindjim: Email Nadia at sales@m2tech.biz. in Italy. She may be able to ship direct to you but I think there is some caveat that TG has a monopoly on the USA. Since I live in Mexico it didn't apply. Besides, originally I contacted TG for the purchase and they never even responded. My purchase was made in Euros - not to worry, paypal does the conversion. As it turned out the cost to me was $152.00 including shipping. Not bad.

Maybe I am really a dim bulb but I still don't get how PM or Amarra works. Do you buy extra equipment? Does it play your existing library? Is it a music download system? Is it a software download? what? Maybe you an explain it in layman terms. Hopefully I'm not the only one that doesn't see the big picture on this. Thanks for your response.

Thanks
OK! the jury is in - the M2Tech Hiface most certainly did make a difference in my system. Bass is sharper - that is the main thing that I noticed but also, vocals are more in focus. I thought things sounded good coming out of the Mac before but this brought it all up at least one to two notches!! Worth the money.

The Hiface replaces my Pop Pulse Optical to SPDIF converter.