Anyone using a Lyra Delos yet?

There was an initial thread about the Lyra Delos a few months back, but I haven't seen much follow up about users' impressions with this cartridge. Is anyone using a Delos and if so, how are you liking it?

I'm looking for a new cartridge for my VPI Classic and JLTi phono stage. I'm currently using an old Grado cartridge from my previous turntable, and it's on its last legs. So if anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to hear them. Price ceiling about $1,500. System used mostly to play rock, jazz and acoustic music.

Thank you.
mniven
I'm enjoying my new Delos at the moment but mine rides quite low, much lower than Syntax's , very nice pic by the way. The washi paper is touching the record as it plays right from the word go.
Syntax, Great photo. But your SRA looks a bit off, based on Fremer's latest column in S'phile. 92 degrees, he says.
Did he write about the dance ability? No? Here you see the right position for it.
Jaspert: if you think there is a problem, put the cartridge back into the box, put in a label that says "low rider", and give it back to your dealer so that they can send it back to us.

We will be happy to take a look at it and address anything which may be amiss. My guess is that it's only an adjustment issue rather than involving any component failure (which I believe is true for most low-riding cartridges which are two years old or less and haven't been tracked over the manufacturer's VTF recommendations).

As an aside, one more thing that you may want to watch out for is whether your tonearm uses a damped elevator mechanism or not. If it doesn't, and "drops" the cartridge into the LP surface, the repeated impacts over time will stress and degrade the suspension. The suspensions of most non-DJ MC cartridges aren't designed to stand up to this kind of treatment.

hth, jonathan carr
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for chipping in. I have contacted my dealer who will look into for me as it rides low from the word go with only a few hours on it at most.
The arms i have used are Phantom ii and a new Reed 2 both with damped lift mechanism so no DJ arms here.

It sounds really good but i do have issue with fluff ball accumulating on the paper towards the end of side at times impairing the performance. I think it's just a low rider needing adjustment.

Thanks,
jasper