Anyone using a Lyra Delos yet?

There was an initial thread about the Lyra Delos a few months back, but I haven't seen much follow up about users' impressions with this cartridge. Is anyone using a Delos and if so, how are you liking it?

I'm looking for a new cartridge for my VPI Classic and JLTi phono stage. I'm currently using an old Grado cartridge from my previous turntable, and it's on its last legs. So if anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to hear them. Price ceiling about $1,500. System used mostly to play rock, jazz and acoustic music.

Thank you.
mniven
>>12-30-10: Robob
I am hearing some sibilance that probably should not be there so I may need to go to 1.8g as I am a bit below that.<<

This is undoubtedly a tonearm, not cartridge, related issue. Or the alignment is imprecise.

I track Kleos in 3 tonearms at 1.75g or less without any issues.

Dealer disclaimer
Thanks for your reply.

1.8 did not solve it and I have checked the alignment. I brought the rear of the arm down as well. It may be less pronounced but it is still there. Otherwise the Kleos is quite nice. It has 3 or 4 hours on it now. I do not hear misstracking on high level passages, just sibilance and sometimes some grunge on male vocals. It is not on all vocals but it is fairly common.

I will start another thread as this is supposed to be Delos related.

Robert
Does Jonathan Carr know why they discontinued the Dorian?...err.. replaced it with the Delos?
I LOVE my Dorian (S/N DR0098)and after 5 years my only complaint is that the Washi Paper needs to be replaced! :)
"Does Jonathan Carr know why they discontinued the Dorian?...err.. replaced it with the Delos?"

Yep, he is the designer. Have your heard the Delos? As you may have read, the Delos is warmer without loosing the detail.

Robert
I have a question about low riders. What exactly a low rider makes? My Delos sounds superb, but I noticed that it rides a little lower than it did when I first bought it (or at least it appears so to me, but I wouldn't stake my life on it :) It's possible that the suspension settled after about half a year of weekend use. There is about a millimeter, or close to it, of clearance between the record surface and the lowest part of the cartridge. Would this be classified as a low rider? Is this a problem that should be addressed with the dealer?