Which low output MC cartridge

I am in the market for a low output moving coil cart for my Rega P5. I have recently added upgrades from Groovetracer and an HRS record clamp. I am using a Creek OBH-15 Phono pre and now want a low output mc cartridge for under $1,000. I am currently using the Denon DL-103SA, but want to try one other to switch with. I am thinking about either the DL-304, Kontrapunct A, Dynavector 20x or 17 D3. There are also a couple of Ortofon's in the category including the Rondo Blue and Bronze, which I have never read anything about. I know this is a wide range, but they are all in my price range and I am only getting one. Anybody familia with these cartridges who has an opinion (thats a pretty ironic thing to ask in an audiophile forum) on another good match with the Rega, please give me your advice. I am going to live with this for a while, although I have said this about many other pieces of hi-fi detritus that is languishing in my dloset. Thanks in advance.
jhartbirdman
I'm going to have to go against prevailing opinion here. It's always been my experience that the biggest differences in sound are made by the transducers (cartridges and speakers). This is not a fashionable opinion, but it's what I've found to be true. So I'd go with a cartridge before upgrading the preamp. I have no experience with any of the carts you mentioned, but can say that the Shelter 501 II that I recently bought is absolutely superb in every way that matters to me. And it's within your budget.
-Bob
Kingmacaw,

You asked, "would either a Musical Surroundings Phenomenon 2 or a Jolida jd9a be respectable low cost phono preamps for use with a Benz glider low output cartridge?"

I use a Musical Surroudnings Phenomena II phono stage with a Benz Ace S low output (.4mv) cartridge. I love this combination and highly recommend it.

The Phenomena II and Nova Phenomena are good for these catridges because of their adjustability. I found major differences in sound at different impedance settings. A pre-amp with suitable adjustibility will help you get the most out of your cartridge.
I found adjustable phono stages to be the worst compromise, especially with LOMC carts.
Look into Graham Slee line of products particularly "Reflex" phono amp.
Denon 103R or 304 would be my choice of carts.
Speakers are undoubtedly would be the next important choice.
i agree w/hesson 11 for differences in dynamics & coloration-speakers & cartridges are the biggest difference of influence. it's nice that it's much easier to audition speakers tho trying different cartridges especially in this digital age becomes extreeemly difficult. at the same time cartridges lend such a distinct sound some that might be great for some - simply grate the ears of other listeners.
However hesson, a great preamp, in my case tubed, is of Prime importance 1st for setting the depth of a soundstage & that 3d front-middle-back experience often lacking w/cd's a great preamp. i've found this sets up the overall musicality of the system - the music experience (here i refer to a system preamp not phono preamps of which i have no knowledge).