Is it possible? A good solution?

Is it a good idea to have the following setup?

Turntable -> Phono -> A/D converter -> DAC with preamp -> power amp

In that case, I can invest in a high quality DAC with preamp function (like Weiss Dac202) and got lots of options in digital area.

The only thing I am worry about is the Analog side...will that DAC somehow change the sound character from the turntable/cartridge?

Or it is simply a stupid idea at all???

Cheers,
RCYH
rcyh
I do something like this to digitize my record collection. Tape out from preamp to a/d to computer. Iisten back and hear excellent tunes. No worst of both worlds IMHO.
But why do analog at all? You are chopping up an analog signal to convert to digital. Then, you are hoping to reconstruct that signal, for the most part. What can the benefit possibly be?
Audio is one of those things that really responds well to keeping things simple. Adding additional building blocks in the signal path is rarely a good thing. If you really want to hear analog done right, you keep any additional processing, especially digital processing, as far away from it as you can.
I really enjoy the setup I have for analog right now. I think I can't cheat to go into the digital world (dac, computer as source) by scarifying my analog setup.

I was thinking converting analog to 192kHz digital shouldn't affect too much...
I say keep the analog analog, and the digital digital. The more pieces you add, the more the signal gets changed. Rarely does changing the original signal work out for the better. There's always exceptions though.

People debate vinyl vs digital ad nausium. I say why choose when you can have both.