The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
A few weekends ago I was in NYC stepped in to the Stereo Exchange. They demoed a pair of DeVore Silverbacks that I thought were truly incredible. They sounded so good that however many thousands they cost, didn't shock me or seem too high. The woodwork was also impressive. I have begun saving my pennies.
Right now, my Thiel CS2.4 are really making some wonderful music... Best I ever heard, well maybe not, but by far good enough to forget about that.
Hey. Any of you heard of John Fuselier? He made many different speaker configurations. One of them was called the Model 9, and Fat Julian told me he made less than 10 pairs. I listened to Julian's pair in his shop in Roswell, GA in the early 80's, and bought them on the spot. Still have them. Amazing imaging.