Reel to Reel decks

Is anyone out there using reel to reels anymore? I remember at one time(30 years ago), they were probably some of the best analog reproduction equipment out there. Of course, it doesn't matter much if you can't buy good prerecorded tapes. I've googled prerecorded tapes, but haven't found much out there. Anyone have a good source? Also, can anyone recommend a good deck?
handymann
I hope it's not too self promoting, but there is also an Otari for sale on Audiogon...
Studer A810 is a very popular model it come out from radio station or studio mostly, this gear look like a digital machine more than a analog one it has a digital CPU to control the whole thing, but make sure the built in recharge battery still work, that is the power supply for the CPU after switch off, price will be very bargain compare to it's golden time
Hi Tony,

I just saw your modified studer tube output electronics on the what's best f-rum, it looks like you did a great job and hope to someday be able to get to that diy level with one of my own decks.
Hi Andy
I also did modification on a Revox PR99, just changed all the coupling cap to Solen fast cap about 10 caps out-put change to monitor out and a CCIR/NAB switch that can play Tape Project's tape,three years ago, with very good result, of cause there are no room for those big caps, I had took off all the record PCB to get room, I will show pictures later
tony ma