Immedia RPM 2 vs Clear Audio Emotion cmb

Hi everyone. So I have a chance to pick up a Immedia RPM 2 table with the upgraded arm board and rpm 2 uni pivot tonearm, how would this table compare to something modern like a clearaudio emotion cmb with a satisfy tonearm ? I can basically get the Immedia for trade, but I am worried about its age. Thanks for any advice you could give me, Chris
chrissain
I can get a deal on the clear audio , I will go with a wood body maestro mm cart, I have heard this on other tables and it sounds great, lots of detail while still being warm and rich sounding, maybe when funds allow I will get a better cart than the Maestro, but I think it would be a good place to start.
I think when Allen Perkins designed and voiced the RPM table and arm, he probably used Lyra carts (he was / is the Lyra distributor). They work particularly well on that table / arm combo.

One point of caution. Make sure the platter is lifted slightly and supported before moving it around. IIRC, the bearing can be damaged.
Thanks for the heads up when moving the table, I am going out to Audio research corp on Tuesday to listen to the same table and ARC gear , it should be fun , all though I dont know what cart they are using right now. It should still give me a good idea how this table will sound overall.
The Emmedia rpm2 at ARC sounded awesome, cant wait to get one in my home, should give me many hours of listening fun.
I may be 6 years late to earnestly beseech a better course and truly hope you did not go with this equipment swap in the end. This thread was not asking about any "upgrade" as the Immedia RPM-2 deck remains a potent spinner and extremely sound foundation of any vinyl playback outfit. I find it mysterious to be hearing mine with such different ears to Folk who have moved their's on. I've had mine since new in '98 and the only change I would make would be to get a second RPM-2 if there turns up more with owners not quite getting what they're sitting on. All the best.