Nude Turntable Project

I could not fit the whole story in this Forum so have had to add it to my System Page.
I am attempting to hear if a 'naked' DD turntable can sound as good as Raul claims.
Please click the link below to read the story.
NUDE TT81
128x128halcro
My turntable (JVC TT101) came with a plinth as a QL-10. Now it has no plinth so however you want to parse the language a large support was removed and now the TT sits on its tin-can of a base on cones. So I believe it is plinthless - nude or not.

I am surprised Henry's phono pre blew rather than the preamp circuits - to me it would take a huge amount of signal from the cartridge to blow the phono side and with Henry's recollection of having it on MM there should have been enough headroom to hold this - otherwise dropping the needle onto a record will make a big enough boom to damage the phono circuit.
IMO, the Onedof turntable was designed around a novel idea for a bearing. The designer seems to know very little else about turntable design. Thus I think he is entitled to his opinion but that it is not much more relevant than that of any other moderately knowledgeable person. Sorry.

There are ways to couple the bearing and tonearm effectively. I do agree that the goal is a tricky one. In the process, you probably don't want to introduce tt motor vibrations.

Nicola, I know you are having a good time with your philosophical meanderings, but really, base = plinth, in English. It's that simple.
The Nude Turntable Project is a modern fairytale based on an adaptation of "The Emperors New Clothes" by Hans Christian Andersen. Everyone looked at the new NTP with wonderment, but could not see that in reality it wore a cloak of many colours that only a child could see.
Dear Lew, I am sorry for you but I already mentioned Quine for 'çheckup':'The problem of meaning in linguistics' ( From a logical point of view). The identity relation between meanings make no sense as in your 'plinth=base'. Semantics
and dictionary are different animals. Besides I also mentioned J.Carr who is, as far as I know, American and supposed to 'know' his English. He writes 'plinth' with
quotation marks because the meaning of this word is not as 'clear' as one assume. If he thought that 'base=plinth' he would not state that in Japanese there is no word for
'plinth'. Dover's 'Emperors clothes' are more to my liking in the 'nacked' context than your 'theories' about the ' nude project'.
Regards,
Addendum, Remarks about someone's theory without any specification is of course weak. Well, dear Lew ,in your previous post you stated: 'there is qualitative difference
between a real plinth (sic!) and ...just footers'. Considering that 'plinth=base' those 'footers' are neither of both and must be some objects of the 'third kind'. If
there is difference than logicaly they can't be 'the same'.
Not even qua 'meaning' (alias 'synonym') So to make your point you are forced to make distinction between 'plinth' (the 'real one')and other possible 'things' on which a TT can be put as base. But because my English is not adequate you must be right qua English .

Regards,