Nude Turntable Project

I could not fit the whole story in this Forum so have had to add it to my System Page.
I am attempting to hear if a 'naked' DD turntable can sound as good as Raul claims.
Please click the link below to read the story.
NUDE TT81
128x128halcro
Ecir and Banquo, Before reading Ecir's post, I was about to say that I looked up the definition of "feed through eyelet" via Google, and to my amazement I found the definition. I had never heard that term before. Ecir, in one of those URLs I do see a number of short posts with wires wound or obviously soldered to them, on the various PCBs. There sure are several of those in the TT101. I will check them. But the formal definition of a "feed through eyelet" is a connector that goes through a PCB, connecting a circuit on one side to a circuit on the back side of the same PCB. Guess I will look for those too. (Or perhaps those posts do connect to tracings on the other side of those PCBs, which would not be visible in the photos.) Thanks to you both.
Yes those post are soldered on the other side and are used in that fashions so as not to have to remove the pcb to service other conecting components.

To me this is a prime example of a reason to service the bearing of the motor, nothing last forever as much as the manufacture would have you believe.

There were no bad parts, just bad connections. I ended up resoldering all the feed thru eyelets, then flipping the board and removing the solder with a sucker, then resoldering them with much less solder. They all look pretty clean now. I know other companies that used the eyelet method had reliability problems. For some reason the solder cracks around the eyelets, probably related to different coefficients of thermal expansion.

That's from an email my tech Dave Brown sent me. In a different email, he distinguishes between what he calls 'feed thru eyelet' boards and 'plated thru' ones. The Victor evidently uses the former. I am completely ignorant of the meanings of the 2 terms--am just passing on others' wisdom as I received it.
The problem I see with the post connection is if anyone has fooled with them in the past the leverage from the post will have a tendency to move the eyelet on the other side if done without caution. I would unwrap then rewrap with less turns and resolder eyelet on backside and solder the wire.

If you translate that link you would see the ones with solder are suppose to be the repair.