Nude Turntable Project

I could not fit the whole story in this Forum so have had to add it to my System Page.
I am attempting to hear if a 'naked' DD turntable can sound as good as Raul claims.
Please click the link below to read the story.
NUDE TT81
128x128halcro
Lewm,
Syntax despises DD turntables and Idlers and eschews the qualities displayed by the big Caliburn belt-drive.
He also abhors MM and MI cartridges so crediting him with any knowledge of the TT-101 is like mistaking him for a man of discernment?
Dover,
Did you miss the point that with the pigskin platter mat in place....there was no magnetism at the mat nor the vinyl disc?
Dover, Did you mean "EMF" or "EMI"? The discussion has gotten a bit confusing with the interchangeable use of the terms "EMI", "magnetism or magnetics", and "electromagnetics". Different manifestations of the same phenomena but with different consequences. I think of "EMF" as "electromotive force" = Volts. Units would not be "Gauss", I don't think.

Of course you would measure no EMI (or EMF) near the chassis of your belt-drive, where the motor is way outboard on the other end of the long belt. That is to be expected. Do you think the magnetic field or the EMI measurable in the vicinity of the platter of some DD turntables is damns them all, as a class? I am not even sure there is any consequence to it, and if there is, many have shown that the fields can be shielded.

Halcro, I have no bone to pick with Syntax, but I agree on the observation that he and a few others who are countrymen to Thomas Woschnick do seem to revile his Raven turntables to an inordinately passionate degree. It seems strange at times. He did not insult the TT101 so much as he did insult the Raven. Did TW kick someone's dog?
Lewm,
I use the acronym above EMF to mean Electromagnetic Field. This will have an electrical component, measured in volts, and a magnetic component, measured in mG (milliGauss). The tester I used measures the magnetic component of an electromagnetic field in milliGauss.
With regard to the Q on DD's, I dont think it is ideal to have electromagnetic fields floating around the cartridge, irrespective of what type of TT is used.
Halcro,
Yes I got the pigskin. If I can get some from the local abattoir I'll try it over the preamp. Do you know if it is from an Australian Yorkshire or a Japanese Landrace ?
Excellent Design?

Of course :-)
But, my personal Favorite is Audiophile Rule No. 2

"when it sounds good to you, it IS good"