The Well Tempered Record Player and Denon DL103

Does anyone use this combination?
I'm thinking to pair them with my Supratek Cortese.
Any opinions?
Thanks
adry
Johnnyb53,

I used a pretty big blob! :-)

Seriously, I added up to 10 grams in 1 gram increments before I gave up; this was in the days before the aluminum and wood bodies that add so much mass, so it was mostly uncharted waters. I'm not sure that adding so much weight right at the headshell is a very good substitute for a true high mass tonearm.

Seems like the Zu/Uwe bodies are aimed at the Rega, which is medium mass and maybe closer to the goal to start with. Have you tried the Zu 103 with any low mass tonearms and gotten good results? If so, which ones? Maybe I just didn't go far enough.

David
I'm listening to my Well Tempered Reference right now with a Zu 103 cartridge and it sounds great. I agree with the others regarding the need for more mass or more compliance.

That said, if you re-body your 103 (I remember seeing some aluminum Zu-like bodies selling here for about a hundred bucks) the results aree quite pleasing.
Clearaudio MM cartridges are fairly complinat and highly rated. If you want to go even cheaper, urban legend has it that Clearaudio cartridges are really Audio Tecnicas, so maybe you could look into those, too.